Total hours reading: 14.5
What I read:
- Liar by Justine Larbalestier – Wow. This was not what I expected it to be. I think I loved it – but honestly, I’m still thinking about this one. I’ll have more to say about it later.
- Peace, Locomotion by Jacqueline Woodson – Lonnie is such a delightful character, and it was a pleasure to re-visit him. This is a big-hearted book.
- Riot by Walter Dean Myers – Didn’t work for me. Dialogue felt stilted, and I don’t understand why it’s in screenplay format. I think you need a compelling reason to do that – otherwise it’s just a gimmick.
- The Night Tourist by Katherine Marsh – I liked the mythological aspects. But the “quest” hit on one of my pet peeves – a kid who stumbles onto something that is his “destiny” without really taking any active role in seeking the destiny or the quest.
- The Geek Girl’s Guide to Cheerleading by Charity Tahmaseb and Darcy Vance – Still have about 1/3 of this one left to read. It’s been cute so far.